Talty SUD reads our water meters on or around the 20th of the month every month.
We use smart meter technology that transmits the meter reading via radio frequencies to a receiving station in the District vehicles.
Water bills are then prepared and email/mailed to our customers within 5 business days.
The due date for water bills to not receive a late penalty of $20 is the 15th of the month.
To read your own meter:
- Locate your water meter box (typically out by the street)
- Open the meter box lid and locate the meter inside (the meter may be covered in dirt or mud and need to be cleaned out)
- Lift the protective cap on the meter
- On the face of the meter, there is a large dial and a display of numbers. Read the number display from left to right.
- Charges for the amount of water consumed are rounded to the nearest hundred gallons.
- Keep in mind that you might be checking your meter on a date different from the one used for billing. This could result in a difference in the amount you find, compared with the amount on which your bill is based.
Talty Special Utility District
12475 Windy Lane
Forney, TX 75126
This website provides general information. If you wish to speak to someone directly, please contact the office at (972)552-4422. The office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. until 4:00 P.M.